Posted Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:41:30 GMT by dressler1
Hello all-

im working with a model with rougly 2000 colums and 300 rows. is there a way to import what the head values are supposed to be initially without going row by row node by node? ie import an excel sheet with the values
Posted Wed, 28 Dec 2011 13:11:38 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hello dressler1,

Sounds like a MODFLOW model ;)
However, for the import of initial heads in FEFLOW I would recommend the following: Save the initial values in a database (.dat f.e.) containing x,y,z (z being the head). Then add the database as a map and establish a parameter link on the hydraulic head, linking the z values with the hydraulic heads. Choose an appropriate interpolation method, i.e. neighborhood relationship when you have dense data already matching with the current mesh.
In the last step, select all nodes where you want to specify the initial heads and assign the values with the link you created.
Posted Wed, 28 Dec 2011 18:39:41 GMT by dressler1
Bastian,

Hey! thanks!! Ok i'll try that one. From the sound of the directions i'm going to be asking you a few more questions once i've started.

Also-

I have a .dac file I open up in FEFLOW 6.0. I'm tring to export a video of this. BUt when I use the "Export AVI form Active View" button, it only records the mass concentration values and the rest of the screen is black. Any suggestinons?

cheers,

drew
Posted Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:52:55 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hi Drew,

There could probably be an issue with the graphics driver or the video codec. Make sure you have installed the latest drivers on your system. For the video codec I would suggest using the 'Microsoft Video 1' codec.
If you are using onboard graphics, switch off the 'High-quality mode', which you find in the Global Settings, OpenGL Graphics.

Cheers,

Bastian

You must be signed in to post in this forum.