Posted Tue, 11 May 2010 15:17:05 GMT by Laurie Neilson
Hi,
I am modelling a 3D saturated (phreatic) multi-slice problem - groundwater flow only.
I want to apply a constant water flux across the top slice (recharge) of 175mm/y.
Can I simply apply this value (with the correct units) to each node (Type II BC), or do I need to adjust it somehow so that the flux is spatially constant at 175mm/y across the whole slice?  Does Feflow take the applied flux value at the node and multiply it by the area associated with that node to get an areal flux rate?  Is that why the results indicate different flux rates for each recharge node?
Also, if the top slice is providing a vertical recharge flux, can I assume that the flux will not be influenced by aquifer thickness in my 3D problem (i.e. I can leave the default setting for nonintegral boundary condition)? 

Laurie
Posted Fri, 21 May 2010 11:07:08 GMT by Sana
Hello Laurie,
can you please say what do you intend by "apply a constant water flux" , is it an inundation??
In fact I want to simulate a floodplain and i am wondering with which condition can I transform this event on Feflow?

Also what is the difference between this recharge and the recharge in flow materiels presentend by in and out flow??
Thank you
Sana.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.