Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 22:17:25 GMT by GWM
Is there a way to crop particle paths when they go above the zero-pressure iso-surface? The reason for this is that I have a model that is being ran in a fully confined configuration as a proxy to an unconfined system (there are numerical issues with the unconfined version) and I would like to find out how far the particles go before they hit what would be approximately equivalent to the water table.

Thanks!
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 16:52:44 GMT by Björn Kaiser
The current implementation allows you to control the field lines by the Property panel (e.g. minimum & maximum travel time) and the Numerical Controls in the Problem Settings (Particle-Tracking Computation). Most likely, this is not exactly what you are looking for.

A workaround which comes into my mind is the following. Export the fieldlines and the water table to GIS formats. ArcGIS has a method called [b] Intersect 3D Line With Multipatch (3D Analyst)[/b]. I never used this method but it seems the method provides what you are looking for: http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/tools/3d-analyst-toolbox/intersect-3d-line-with-multipatch.htm. The fieldlines must be represented as 3D Lines and the water table as the Multipatch. Perhaps you need to manipulate the exported data before you can apply this method.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.