Posted Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:47:26 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Could please anyone help me with the transformation of SHP-point-files into trp-files for PEST-observations? I managed to import SHP-points as normal observation points into Feflow an than export them as trp-files, but the third column remains 0.00000. Thanks in advance, Vlad
Posted Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:00:11 GMT by Gianmarco Dio Egr. ing.
Hi Vlad
There are many ways to do it.
One could be the following:
open the shape file into arc view;
add the x and y fields to the attribute table;
save the file;
open the .dbf file (comprised in the shape files) with excel;
keep only the x, y and value columns;
save the file as text with the .trp extension.
That's all

good luck
Gianmarco
Posted Thu, 03 Jul 2008 05:59:44 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Thank you Gianmarco for your useful tip. It worked very well and I could finish my work yesterday.
Best regards,
Vlad
Posted Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:06:42 GMT by Sana
Hello,
I Imported in Feflow a shapefile to have correct coordinates X et Y , because when read in arcview the fields X and Y are false,
how can I export these coordinates to introduce them in Arcview, (I precise that I have done Add map)
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:42:08 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
@ Vlad: In the bin32 and bin64 folders in the FEFLOW installation there is a little command line program shptotrp that does the conversion.
@ Sana: In Shape Files, the geometry is NOT stored in the attribute table, so this may contain other values for X and Y as the point locations. You would have to calculate the coordinates in the attribute table again from the real locations. The procedure differs between ArcView 3.x and 8.x/9.x/10.x, but is described in the help system.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.