Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:58:11 GMT by emilia novo
I imported a point shapefile of observation points to the model. The model imported the values, calculates heads in the observation points but it NEVER calculates the differences (the bars of the tutorial video are never shown) between observed and calculated heads. It is as if FEFLOW ignores the observed values I five them from the shapefile. The data of the attribute table I used are the ID of the points and the piezometric heads. Does anyone has any ideas about what is going on?
Posted Wed, 30 Nov 2016 07:29:17 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
The error bars to be drawn in the view require that a confidence interval is defined. Maybe during importing, you import the values, but forget to set or import values for the confidence interval.
Posted Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:58:41 GMT by emilia novo
well, yes, I didn't enter confidence values for the 50 first attempts or so (I am fighting with this since last week). However in more recent attempts I did enter confidence intervals and the problem remains.
It is not the amount of observation points (it is a large area, so there are lots of points) because I also experimented removing several points and kept removing until I got just 1 and the problem remains.
It is also strange that if I do have the Observation Points (which enter in the panel Entities in my version of FEFLOW) selected and I do try to see the hydraulic heads the model shows them  but if while having the Observation Points selected I change no another variable, lets say Elevation, and then get back to hydraulic heads, I stop seeing the hydraulic heads map in color and I just see an uniform grey in the modelling area, in spite of the fact that the head values are there (I can see them through Inspection). If I disable Observation points, then I see hydraulic heads back again with no problem.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.