Please wait...

Error

Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:25:21 GMT by frida_h
Hello!
I've just started using Feflow and I've some problem creating my multi-layer model. I've imported a topograghy Point- shapefile  which I used to link the elevtion to the the top 4 layers (I want them to have the same shape but with a certain distance from each other). I also have a Point shape file of the rock Surface layer that I want to assign the elevation data to the two remaining layers in Feflow. When I do this I get a "conflicting slice elevation" error message. I get the message since the ground Surface elevation will have the same value as the mountain peaks (or in all the places where the rock is above ground Surface) but how do I get around that? Is there a way to make them coincide above the ground surface or another way to solve this problem?

Thankful for all the help I can get!
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:27:48 GMT by andreas fach private
frida,
assuming you have the data ready - otherwise prepare in surfer or similar progs you prefer -
feflow 3D layer configurator: maybe you could start building your domain with the lowest slice - the bedrock, fix all slice elevations, extend your model upwards with the slices needed, keeping 0.1 meter distance between the upper existing slice, import the elevations for each slice above bedrock, fix each slice before importing the next above, always allowing feflow to set the minimum distance of I would say at least 0.1 m, adjust kf where these thin layers should not exist.
as you have mentioned mountain peaks - keep an eye on the interconnection between the bedrock an the sediments above (confined? specific BC?)

salve

You must be signed in to post in this forum.