Posted Wed, 23 Mar 2022 11:36:55 GMT by Maria Romana Alvi Politecnico di Torino
Hello everybody,

I have a my 3D model and now I need to re-mesh with TetGen to consider a pretty much complex geometry (metro line with its stations).
Firstly, the error was about self-intersections, points on facets or edges. Now it also displays 'Internal Error'.

I have tried to correct it with Rhinoceros but just once it worked with a small part ( and now not anymore) and I am thinking it also depends on the way I had chosen to export the geometry.
Somebody could please help me? I would be very grateful, I am desperate. My geometry is in a .dxf file.
Posted Wed, 23 Mar 2022 14:43:04 GMT by Hugo Ninanya Geomechanics Engineer
I got the same errors when I try to import volumes (.OBJ, DXF, STL, STC) from diferentes softwares (Rhino, Leapfrog). Many times I had to repair this intersection using other softwares. using MESHLAB, or PLAXIS Designer.
Posted Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:59:03 GMT by Maria Romana Alvi Politecnico di Torino
Thank you very much!  :)
I have tried with Rhino, but every time it corrected something something else would be modified and not okay. I will surely try using the softwares you suggested.
Posted Fri, 25 Mar 2022 09:46:31 GMT by Jintao Liu
Hi,
Please refer to this link: http://www.feflow.info/html/help75/feflow/06_Supermesh/supermesh_3d.htm

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do in FEFLOW itself, as the intersection error is triggered directly by the mesh generator TetGen.

You have to go back to the geological software like Leapfrog, GOCAD... to repair the surfaces.
Best of luck

You must be signed in to post in this forum.