Posted Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:09:59 GMT by Hamdi Ashur
Dear Everyone,

I have a 3d groundwater model and I have used forward particle tracing from a point. And in the 3d view I can see that the particles also move downward. To visualize this better I would like to plot a cross section of the streamlines to see the movement through the geological layers. Right know I can only view the downward movement of the particles through the mesh.

Thank you in advance!
Posted Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:59:26 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Plotting field-lines in a Cross-Section View is the same as plotting field-lines in a 3D View. Activate the stored nodal selection of interest in the Spatial-Units panel, double-click on Pathlines/Streamlines Backward/Forward and activate the plot in the View-Components panel.
Posted Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:04:20 GMT by Hamdi Ashur
As I understand it the process you describe will only give me particles in the 3D or 2d view. I do get the particles, and I can visualize them both in 2d (slice view) and 3d. I just want to make a cross section through the geological layers by using the tool "Draw a Surface (2d) line". I can view the hydraulic, conductivity, pressure ect. in cross sections by the aforementioned tool but not with stream lines.
Posted Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:08:39 GMT by Björn Kaiser
You have to select the nodes in a 3D View or in a Slice View and plot the field lines in the Cross-Section View. Please also assure that the trace of the cross section intersects with the traces of the field lines. Otherwise the field lines are not visible indeed.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.