Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:24:59 GMT by hydrokarst
Hi, I am modeling an open pit mine and the water table visualization change depending of the visualized layer and I am not sure what layer will represent the water table in open pit region. Can one explain about what this happen and send me some reference where i can study about that and understand the logical below the interpretation of the water table in diferentes layers? Ps: The region is domain by metamorfic and the geological contacts are discordants with the model layers. The open pit cuts differents layers also.

Thank you

Cris
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:17:49 GMT by Chto
Hi Cris,

do you mean: only the visualization changes ?? That means, the colors, line thicknesses and so on ??
The visualization should not change when scrolling through layers and slices. If so, please report that to support@mikebydhi.de

or do you mean: the values are changing ??
Since FeFlow is modelling 3D, it is very realistic, that the hydraulic heads change with the depth of the model. Especially, when you have different strata.
The hydraulic potential is therefore given for each depth (slice) and for each node.
If you want to find out the free water table, you have to evaluate the pressures - pressure = 0 means the groundwater surface.

The best method, to find out the groundwater surface in you pit is to do a cross section through you pit and plot the pressures in this cross section. You will find one check box zero isoline.
if you use the free and moveable approach, feflow's slice 1 i always the free groundwater surface, because of feflow adapts the mesh to the groundwater table.

Bests Christian

Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:51:22 GMT by hydrokarst
Hi Christian,
Definitely, the zero pressure is the key for my problem!
Thank you for the precise answer!!!
Regards
Cris

You must be signed in to post in this forum.