Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:42:03 GMT by dvb
I have a river with a natural slope. This is simulated as  a 3rd type bc in my s1 to s3. To simulate a river fluctuation, am I obliged to define for each node a specific time serie or is there an option to merge together the steady state river level with a relative fluctuation that would be constant for every nodes ?
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:39:09 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
I have attached a description of a FEFLOW Plug-in that - as far as I can see - fulfills your requirements. In case that you agree, we can provide the plug-in for free, but without any warranty. This is project code, and all its results should be thoroughly checked.
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:26:57 GMT by dvb
Thanks Peter, I would love to try the module as I think it fulfils my need.
Cheers
Didier
Posted Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:18:02 GMT by Juliette
Hello all,

This module sounds interesting for me as well (soon, I'll have to simulate water release from a dam / river flood and it's impact on groundwater). Does the module include the time schift of time series along the river meshes ?

Another (related) question : I would like to simulate the propagation of a pollutant in a river and it's impact on groundwater. I am planning on setting the river meshes with concentration imposed bc (1st kind). But I'll need to set different time series (for concentrations) in every meshes. Is there a short way to do so ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Juliette
Posted Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:45:25 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
The module itself does not consider the time shift. This would have to be done when interpolating the water depth BEFORE applying the plug-in.
Posted Tue, 21 Feb 2012 06:22:14 GMT by gwsimulation
I am also working on the model considering the interaction between river and aquifers. And I would like to have a try for the module.

Thanks.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.