Posted Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:29:11 GMT by dstone
The FEFLOW online help indicates that a 3D (X-Y-Z-F) export option should be available for outputting nodal/elemental values as points in the Plotting Output Options of the Data View, Operation, and Export dialogue box for 3D models. However, this option does not appear for my 3D model; it only allows 2D output for the current slice. Is there some other switch that needs to be set to enable this feature? I encounter the same problem whether I am trying to export from the Problem Editor (e.g., Flow Materials, using the "Special" option) or from the Postprocessor (View Results).
Posted Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:41:26 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
[quote author=dstone link=topic=406.msg920#msg920 date=1209144551]
The FEFLOW online help indicates that a 3D (X-Y-Z-F) export option should be available for outputting nodal/elemental values as points in the Plotting Output Options of the Data View, Operation, and Export dialogue box for 3D models. However, this option does not appear for my 3D model; it only allows 2D output for the current slice. Is there some other switch that needs to be set to enable this feature? I encounter the same problem whether I am trying to export from the Problem Editor (e.g., Flow Materials, using the "Special" option) or from the Postprocessor (View Results).
[/quote]

Dan

If you select ASCII databases (XYZF) (*.dat) as the output type, you will be given another dialog where you can choose all slices (or layers) OR only the current slice (or layer).

I am not aware of any special switch or setting which controls this behavior. I tried setting up a mock 3D, 1 layer model, and it asked me if I wanted to export data for all layers. A 2D model only allows export of XYF data.

Dwaine Edington
Posted Mon, 26 May 2008 15:50:41 GMT by Juliette
Hey,

How about exporting XZF data from a 3D multilayers model (ideally one could choose the horizontal data along a segment)? Do you know if it's possible?

Juliette

You must be signed in to post in this forum.