Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:56:05 GMT by Glaucia
Dear all.

I’m using FEFLOW v.5.2 for groundwater flow modeling for the first time and I’m experiencing very elementary problems. When I try to import z-coordinates from a  *.dat file, obtained from a *.dxf file, I get a error message: IDENTICAL DATA POINTS: npd = 43855 p1=45 p2=67
xd=3070.48 yd=2689.2

I don’t know how to locate this error and how to fix it.  :'(

I'm looking forward for answers and I will highly appreciate all all of yours help...

Thank you. ;D

Glaucia, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:11:22 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Glaucia,

for certain interpolation methods, e.g., Kriging, input data are not allowed which contain the same data point more than once. The data have to be preprocessed to be able to use them for interpolation.

For simple ASCII triplet files (*.trp), there is a tool coming with FEFLOW for deleting double values (trp_deldouble in the tools subdirectory). For using the FEFLOW datatools, please see tools.pdf in the /doc directory on the FEFLOW DVD.

Peter
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:51:28 GMT by Glaucia
Dear Peter

I already fixed the identical points error, but now I have another problem with z-coordinates: it doesn’t work!!!

I follow all steps indicated in the user manual/tutorial/demonstration exercise and all I get is the same z-coordinate in all nodes.

Is it because I’m using a *.dat file, instead a *.trp? What else can I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Glaucia
Posted Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:15:01 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Please see http://www.wasy.de/forum/index.php/topic,24.0.html

You must be signed in to post in this forum.