Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2017 14:07:33 GMT by Joscha Schelhorn FEFLOW-Anwender
Hey,

I have to model a water infiltration site of a water supplier (Uferfiltrationsanlage). The horizontal wells are about 50 m long and are in a depth of 2 m. The infiltration is variable and I would like to create .pow file like for multilayer wells for the variable infiltration rates. I don't know how to handle this.
I have read something in the forum about horizontal wells, but I don't know weather to take source or sink tool or fluid- flux bc to modell the horizontal wells? What is the best solution? And how do I implement the variable infiltration rates?

Heat transport is not my primary interest of the modell.

Thank you and appreciate your help

Greetings

Joscha
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2017 08:18:56 GMT by Björn Kaiser
You can use the Multilayer Well BC (MLW). If you work with unstructured meshes the MLWmay have an arbitrary shape. You can also the MLW within a slice. The best way for the assignment of time-series depends on the number of time-series you want to impose. One or only a few time-series can be assigned manually. If you have more, I suggest to make a parameter link as described in the Introductory Tutorial: FEFLOW Introductory Tutorial: https://www.mikepoweredbydhi.com/download/product-documentation
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:36:44 GMT by Joscha Schelhorn FEFLOW-Anwender
ok thank you, I will use MLW for my infiltration set and it works within slices. The assigment of time-series works fine with the .pow files.

I have only one more question.

I started using FEFLOW 7.1 and I am not able to find the button "Copy Selection to Layers/Slices"?

Where can I find it? Or doesn't exist this button anymore?

Greetings

Joscha

Posted Fri, 07 Jul 2017 08:01:58 GMT by Björn Kaiser
This function is part of the Selection toolbar. If you count the items from the right to the left, it is the third icon. The first icon is the redo option, the second icon is the undo option and the third button is the Copy/Selection to Slices/Layers. The button shows two blue stacked slices and an arrow as a half circle pointing to the lower slice.

The button is only available if (a) layered-based geometries are available (e.g. 3D prismatic elements), (b) a selection of geometrical items is available in the Slice View.
Posted Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:33:47 GMT by Joscha Schelhorn FEFLOW-Anwender
Hey,

thank you for the answer. Ok I think I understand it now.

I found the button but I was working with a unstructured Mesh and in this mode I guess the option "copy to layer" is not availible, because not all the layer have the same extent. Am I right?

But I am wondering because all my layer have the same mesh. Is there a workaround for unstructured meshes for "copy to layer" ? 
"copy to layer" is a quite handy tool , and I don't want to miss it :-)

Posted Fri, 07 Jul 2017 13:02:26 GMT by Björn Kaiser
Yes you are right, the function Copy/Selection to Slices/Layers does not exist, because Slices/Layers do not exist in unstructured environments. Accordingly, the GUI does not provide a general solution for that. In you case, all "layers" have the same lateral extend. For this particular case I could imagine developing a solution using the FEFLOW Python API combined with a GIS API (arcpy, PYQGIS). Is script development an option for you?
Posted Fri, 07 Jul 2017 14:42:04 GMT by Joscha Schelhorn FEFLOW-Anwender
I would say net yet, but I am willing to learn it. Maybe it is a good kickoff :-)

Is there an example ?
Posted Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:51:38 GMT by Björn Kaiser
No, there is no example. Such a scripts needs also more general thoughts with regard to the applicability of different geometrical settings.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.