Posted Wed, 27 May 2015 14:47:39 GMT by E.Ramin
Hi,

I have created an ASM model by modifying an already exsiting code. However, I am not able to view the code modifications in the Gujer matrix. Only a few of the new kinetiks are there and none of the related stoichiometry is shown in the matrix.

I have done these steps and I hope you can help me find out where the problem is:

1. Loaded the Gujer Matrix of an ASM model from Model Editor
2. Copied it as a new ASM mode (ASM_X)
3. Modified the code (parameters, kinetics, stoichiometry, ...)
4. Checked block library was successful
5. loaded the new model again through the Gujer Matrix

Thanks in advance!

Posted Wed, 27 May 2015 20:17:33 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=E.Ramin link=topic=2477.msg5725#msg5725 date=1432738059]
.. However, I am not able to view the code modifications in the Gujer matrix ..
[/quote]
This is most likely because you have not 'regenerated' the [b]BlockLib.xml[/b]

The steps you describe are essentially correct, but let me first clarify one or two details.
Once you've modified the code (I assume you have done so through the Matrix Editor, right?) and before you check the library: have you saved the changes?
E.g. [i]by closing the Matrix Editor, you will be asked to save; since you had already created a new [b]category[/b] "ASM_X", you do not need to rename[/i].
Step 4 (library check) has no relevance, until the block library has actually 'acquired' your new category - which does not happen automatically in W2014.

So, after your step 3 (and after you saved the conversion model):
[list]
[li]add a new [b]instance[/b] to the block library (from the Block Library Explorer menu)[/li]
[li]the new instance does not need to be called "ASM_X", although this has been generally the case so far[/li]
[li]associate the new instance to your new category (cf. Category DisplayName and Value properties)[/li]
[li]make sure you also provide a PaletteLib for the new instance - otherwise you will not be able to use it to create layouts in WEST[/li]
[li]save the Block Library[/li]
[/list]

Now, you should be able to view the Gujer Matrix for your new category.
Posted Thu, 28 May 2015 10:42:26 GMT by E.Ramin
Thanks.

I have actually changed the MSL code directly, not through the Gujer Matrix. It was easier for me to just copy past from the MSL code of other ASM models to the MSL code of my new model than into its Gujer Matrix.

My new ASM model has already an istance from the time I copied it from an existing ASM through the Gujer matrix (Step 2).

Am I missing a step hear or is it because I changed the MSL code instead of the Gujer Matrix?

Regards,
Elham
Posted Thu, 28 May 2015 11:13:26 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=E.Ramin link=topic=2477.msg5731#msg5731 date=1432809746]
My new ASM model has already an istance from the time I copied it from an existing ASM through the Gujer matrix (Step 2).
[/quote]
Do you mean "your block library (BlockLib.xml) has already an instance" that uses your new category "ASM_X" ?

Anyway, whether you have added the new category through the Model Editor or manually, the easiest way to [b]add a new instance[/b] to the block library is as I have explained in my previous reply (i.e. through the BlockLib Explorer pane) because it automatically adds a number of necessary settings.

Another way can be via a text editor, by:
[list]
[li]copying/pasting an existing instance as template[/li]
[li]rename it[/li]
[li]set the appropriate Category DisplayName and Value properties[/li]
[/list]

If I understood well, and you do have an instance that is to use your new category, then you can simply do the last step above.
Posted Fri, 29 May 2015 08:32:36 GMT by E.Ramin
Hi
I dont have any problem with creating the instance for my new ASM model.

I have modified the MSL code of my new ASM model directly from the msl files and not through the Gujer Matrix. My main problem is to see the changes in the Gujer Matrix. The Gujer Matrix still shows the previously copied ASM model.

The new ASM model can be used in a WEST project with no problem. Just that it cannot be observed through the Gujer Matrix if it is not made through the Gujer MAtrix.

Maybe this is a limitation of the software and can be fixed in the next release?

Posted Fri, 29 May 2015 09:11:42 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
[quote author=E.Ramin link=topic=2477.msg5739#msg5739 date=1432888356]
The new ASM model can be used in a WEST project with no problem. Just that it cannot be observed through the Gujer Matrix if it is not made through the Gujer MAtrix.
Maybe this is a limitation of the software and can be fixed in the next release?
[/quote]
No, this is not actually true.
The [b]Gujer Matrix Editor reads the BlockLib.xml file[/b] (not the underlying .msl source files).
So if something is not displayed, it means that it is not properly stored in the BlockLib.xml.

Are you sure you have 1) created the new Instance, 2) associated it to the new Category, and 3) saved the BlockLib.xml ?
I have tested the situation you describe and the conversion model for my new test category is correctly displayed in the Gujer Matrix Editor.

If you would like me to have a look at your library, please send it to our tech support: mikebydhi@dhigroup.com

You must be signed in to post in this forum.