Posted Wed, 21 May 2014 22:48:11 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
Does anyone have experience in (or can perhaps suggest a reference or two about ?) modelling the inhibition effect of salt (e.g. Cl-) on activated sludge processes? Form of the expression, parameter values, etc.?
Thanks
Posted Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:50:23 GMT by jeremy dudley wrc
A simple method, reported in unpublished Israeli work, is to have an inhibition function I(C) = max(0, 1 - a C).

Some published work suggests that you can ignore inhibition, unless you propose to model adaptation to salinity:

C Dahl, C Sund, GH Kristensen and L Vredenbregt, 1997, "Combined biological nitrification and denitrification of high-salinity wastewater", Wat. Sci. Tech. 36(2/3) 345-352
Posted Sat, 25 Apr 2020 06:20:46 GMT by Hector Jose Gosalbez Ingeniero Químico
Hi Enrico,

I was checking the forum about any answer about how to consider salinity in WEST, and I have found this former topic. The only way to do it that I can imagine is, if there is information enough to do it (influent-effluent-operation data), to calibrate the model, but it implies time and information, and usually both are not available. Have you found any new solution to consider the inhibition of the salinity?

Thank you!

Héctor

Posted Mon, 27 Apr 2020 16:31:10 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
No, not really Hector, sorry. Haven't work on this specific topic.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.