Posted Tue, 18 Nov 2014 13:05:22 GMT by Tanya
Hej!

Im really a beginner at West and Im trying to do the Getting started tutorial 2014, but I got stuck trying to create the effluent model (p. 43).

I have double-clicked the output block (wastewater effluent) and added the BOD component (Ive also set it to Custom units, ASM1Temp as input and applied conversion F to C). When conducting the defractionation, Im using the WEST.ASM1.Output.Layout.xml (just as the instructions) but the result does not look like the result on the picture (figure 6.12). E.g. my outgoing variable BOD is not connected to anything and I have 3 incoming variables in the bottom not connected to anything (S_ALK, S_NO and S_O). When Im trying to generate nothing happens.

I hope Ive made myself clear. Any help would be so much appreciated :)

Tanya
Posted Tue, 18 Nov 2014 13:35:18 GMT by Enrico Remigi WEST Product Owner
You are right ...
Figure 6.12 shows a model that is not compatible with the settings in Figure 6.11 - will fix this in the documentation in the next release, thank you.

The default ASM1 defractionation model that you can upload looks like that depicted in Figure 6.12, except for the green block "BOD" (and its connection to "BOD20").
So, if you have added BOD as a component in the first page (which may be perfectly fine), then you need to manually connect BOD20 to your newly added BOD block.
And yes: those are 3 blocks are not connected - and this is also perfectly correct.

When you click "Generate" in the last page, nothing happens indeed - or nothing seems to have happened: but it has.
From a user's perspective, I would agree, is not ideal: we'll take care of this soon by e.g. adding a simple message when the process of generation of the output model has ended.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.