Posted Mon, 26 Mar 2018 20:28:53 GMT by Alan Bowers Design Engineer / Hydraulic Modeler
Hello all,

I am condensing a rather large regional MIKE model into a smaller scale model closer to the domain of interest.  This is accomplished by using the MIKE discharge tool to extract flow (m^3/s) from the regional model and assembling every cross-sectional discharge into an input hydrograph for the small-scale model. 

However, the results from the new small-scale model do not match the inflow hydrograph that was applied.  Cells that should be wet are dry for many time steps and then suddenly all of the inflow nodes are wet (at too late a time step), as if they had all been turned on at the same time.  I have reduced flooding/drying depths and double and triple checked that the correct data is being used and applied to the correct nodes.

I'm looking for any insights into why the inflow hydrograph isn't being exhibited in the results as expected.  Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted Tue, 27 Mar 2018 16:57:47 GMT by Alan Bowers Design Engineer / Hydraulic Modeler
Attached are zoomed views of flow depth on time steps 15 and 16 and the associated hydrographs. 
The hydrographs show flows as early as time step 9 and all are clearly staggered and should not be appearing at the same step. 
These are applied at each point from (558,1849) - (705,1849).

You must be signed in to post in this forum.