Posted Thu, 08 Jun 2017 19:55:38 GMT by Felipe Avendaño
Hi Mike 21 USers:

Im a new user of this amazing software but im having some troubles generating a flexible mesh.

Im doing what a usually do but when i take a big area and i try to generate the mesh, the software show me a message "Triangulation failed. Input data could not be triangulated". Then i minimize the resolution and the area, the software generate the mesh.

But when i try to interpolated the scatter data the software show me the message "Interpolation failed: Unable to triangulate scatter data set"

I hope you have the answer.

Best Regards.

Felipe Avendaño.
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:54:17 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Felipe,

I think there could be different reasons to this problem.

First, do you display the scatter points on the map? If not, you should check that they're correctly located (there could be a problem in case you have specified a wrong coordinates system for the scatter points)

If that's not the problem, I would try to simplify the mesh generation, with:
- only a constant mesh resolution, with no buildings or islands excluded
- Use only 1 scatter data file.
Check if it works in this case. If it does, then you can introduce complexity step by step (add additional scatter data files, then add new polygons with local mesh resolution, etc.), and after each step make sure you can still perform the interpolation. That will help identifying which polygon used in the mesh generation, or which scatter data file, is causing the problem. Then it's easier to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mathieu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.