Posted Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:02:48 GMT by Chto
TIPS & TRICKS:

Importing Bathymetry data into MIKE21 needs with the version 2012 [color=red]necessarily[/color] the data type [i]BATHYMETRY[/i].
If you export the data from ArcGIS with the Raster2ASCII - Tool, convert it to MIKE dfs2 - Format with the MIKE Zero - Toolbox (GRD2MIKE - Tool).
After generating the dfs2 - dataset, open it with the MIKE Data Ultility and set the Dynamic Item - type to [i]BATHYMETRY[/i].

Christian
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:49:16 GMT by cjj
Hi,

You can also just use the Grid Editor to change the item type by going to Edit>Items... and change the "Type" field there.
Posted Wed, 31 Dec 2014 09:47:25 GMT by Ali Rasi Student
i want to import bathymetry data of Dez dam . and want to create the reservoir map in bathymetry
i have an auto-cad map of the reservoir and used dxf to xyz application to create a .xyz file
then start to set the bathymetry parameters.
after that :
work area /background management / select import / selcet the created .xyz file
but no points nor counters and no polygons are found.!!
can anyone help me how to fix this out ?

Posted Fri, 02 Jan 2015 07:51:59 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi,

a common mistake is that you may have converted the XYZ to another coordinate system. The results will be that points won't be displayed at the expected location. So you should try to import again the XYZ file, and while browsing and selecting the XYZ, pay attention to the corrdinate system specified at the bottom of the browsing window (in the field 'Convert from'), and make sure that the specified system is the actual coordinate system in which the XYZ data are provided.

You can also check that your XYZ file has an appropriate format, by comparing with available example data, for example those installed in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\DHI\2014\MIKE Zero\Examples\MIKE_ZERO\BatEdit

Hope this may help.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Mon, 02 Nov 2015 14:05:08 GMT by Stephan Kistner
Hi!

Thanks, this was also very useful for importing Bathy data from Surfer (Golden Software).

By exporting a Surfer's grid (".grd") file to a ASC Arc (".asc") file I was able to use the Grd2Mike tool in a similar way. I'm not sure if there's a better way, but this works much better and faster than my precious Surfer-Excel-Mike method (don't ask!).

Regards,
SKistner
Posted Wed, 24 Feb 2016 22:54:36 GMT by AlonzosPi
I have looked in the SWFObject.js file.  Can you tell me where it does the conversion from pasting in excel text to converting to xml in that file?? I do not see it.

___

[b][url=http://www.botmasterlabs.net/xrumer/]XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin[/url][/b]: the BEST software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.