Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:32:52 GMT by Pamenifor
Hello

I use Mike11 version 2012.

I export cross sections as txt. At the end of every cross section I have the text line *******************************

Before this line, I have also LEVEL PARAMS and in the next line 0 0 0 0 0 20. In the manual I find notthing about it. Where does this information come from?

Thanks.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 12:22:09 GMT by Torben Strange Jensen
Hi Pamenifor,

The LEVEL PARAMS section including values which is obtained in the exported cross section text-file is information from the Processed data page.
In the processed data page, there is a button named 'Levels...', which open a pop-up dialog where user-defined levels specifications can be made on how the processed data shall be calculated. The values in the export ascii file are information from this Level page.

The numbers that you have listed; '0 0 0 0 0 20' represent the parameters available in this Level dialog:
That is:  'LevelSelectionMethod  MinimumValueSelected  MinimumValue  MaximumValueSelected  MaximumValue  NumberOfLevels'

The missing information in the manual shall be updated accordingly.

Regards
Torben
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 07:14:32 GMT by Pamenifor
Thank you, Torben.

If I want to import new cross sections into Mike11, do I need this informacion?

Regards,
Pamenifor
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:57:13 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Pamenifor,

you usually don't need this information when you import new cross-sections. You can indeed import only the geometry of the cross-sections by keeping the defaultt settings for the Processed Data.

Once the cross-sections are imported, you can easily change (if needed) the way the processed data are calculated from the Grapichal interface: this is usually easier to do from the interface than in the text file.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:36:17 GMT by Pamenifor
Thank you Mathieu.

I would like to import new cross sections, so I am trying to understand the file structure.

Best regards

You must be signed in to post in this forum.