Posted Sun, 14 Jun 2015 09:14:25 GMT by nishan.biswas.buet
When I want to run my MIKE11 HD Model it gives me the "Mike11 Engine: Floating point division by zero" error during starting time loop. I have previously used this model in another PC. Both PCs are of Windows 7 Operating system. Can anyone help me in this regard? Thanks in advance.

The error message is: Floating point division by zero error.
I have attached image(jpg) file of the error.
Posted Wed, 01 Jul 2015 12:15:15 GMT by Torben Strange Jensen
Nishan biswas

A floating point division by zero by the calculation engine should in principle never occur, but there may be special cases where it could potentially occur anyway.
The error arise from an illegal operation performed by the engine and is typically caused by the input data to the model, which are apparently not as expected by the engine. It is extremely difficult for you as a user to find out exactly what is causing this error and typically, we would correct the problem and issue a hotfix to prevent that others meet the same problem at a point in time.
I would therefore recommend you to send your question together with a zip-file containing all model setup files to MIKE Support at e-mail; mikebydhi@dhigroup.com
It will then be possible to debug your model setup to firstly explain the reason for the illegal operation, and secondly to eventually prepare a hotfix if required.

Regards
Torben

You must be signed in to post in this forum.