Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 02:04:22 GMT by Daniel Sheehy Project Engineer
Hi,

Is is possible to use res11read to extract results for a selection of structures and output them into a single text file?
As the results in a *HDAdd.res11 file consist of a single item for each variable at each structure, I don't seem to be able to write a selection of items into a single text file.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Daniel.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:47:39 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Daniel,

Have you tried running the res11read.exe program with the option "-someres"? This option allows you to extract the results into a single output file, for a number of selected calculation points and items. This selection has to be made in a text file, similar to the one attached, in which you specify for each output: the item name, the branch name and the chainage, so you can actually export results from different items and at different locations.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 03:20:05 GMT by Daniel Sheehy Project Engineer
Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for that.
I did find success using '-allres -DHIASCII'. This produced a result that was easy to handle in Excel.
Using '-someres' instead goes one step further in eliminating extraneous results.

However I'm still hoping to find a way of outputting several '-max#' results into a single output file.

Regards,
Daniel.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:26:01 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Daniel,

good to read that you succeeded.
Note that there is also an option in MIKE11 to directly export some results in a *.dfs0 or a text file: when exporting to a text file it is possible to save maximum values, and not only instantaneous values.

These options are available in the "Time series output" tab, in the *.hd11 file.

So depending on the results you want to save, this may also help you.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:01:35 GMT by Marcelo Lago Vice-President
Just to add that there is a shell that allows to execute the “res11read.exe” utility in a GUI environment.

In addition to the functionality given by “res11read.exe”, this tool allows also to create shape files from calculation h/q points and to build the text file used in the “someresFILE” option.

You can see more details at http://www.lago-consulting.com/res11readshell.html

You must be signed in to post in this forum.