Posted Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:28:17 GMT by Ronald Brown
I have tried the Database compare tool with no success. I am stuck with a series of models (11) done by a consultant who did not use the scenario manager. I need to compare the models to verify the differences. Has anyone done this recently? Another idea would be to import the different models to the base model as scenarios but do not see any way to easily accomplish this either. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Looked at database comparison programs on the internet but they work on a table by table basis (one at a time) in the database so this would be extremely tedious.
::)
Posted Wed, 05 Dec 2012 16:22:45 GMT by Brett Laplante Project Engineer
Though I am not familiar with this tool, one option would be to run the models to completion and use the Results Comparison tool.  Though it will not tell you differences such as which rain event used and such, it should give you some indication of at least where to start looking.  Otherwise, it might just be easier to pull all of your dbf information into Microsoft Excel, or any other spreadsheet program you may have, and use arrays or pivot tables to analyze the differences.  However, as you said, it would be a table by table comparison.  Fortunately, there would only be able 10 - 15 tables you would need to look at depending on what the expected differences would be.
Posted Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:20:11 GMT by cad
You should maybe try to use the Model Configuration tool (under tools). It compares 2 databases and produce a mdb file with all the differemces between the 2 databases. It also creates a .lyr file to plot the differences on the map.
Posted Thu, 06 Dec 2012 17:54:42 GMT by Ronald Brown
I tried as sugested by cad with no success. This is the error ?? I get.

The two mdb's I looked at were an "existing configuration" and a "relief configuration" of the same system.
No report generated or anything other than the message below.

thanks
Ron

"The table m_CFGCExtid has different no of records in the original database and in the modified database.
The MIKE URBAN settings for the original database and the modified database must be identical. This is not the case for the table m_CFGCExtid"

You must be signed in to post in this forum.