Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:59:37 GMT by Brett Laplante Project Engineer
Wondering if anyone can help me with this, knowing that its not a simple task.  I'm also still using MU 2011.

As stated within the subject, this forum topic is about the location of the dhiapp.ini file.  I am aware that it is normally located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DHI\2011\bin

My request is - Is there a way to create a rerouting code such that MU looks for the ini file within the specific model directory? 

I am currently developing models for several different projects that use significantly different wastewater sewer sizes and flows.  With the inclusion of forcemains, siphons, valves, etc. I have had to make project specific edits to the ini file to increase model stability at the expense of accuracy.  The primary attribute that is adjusted is the minimum sewer length.

Generally, this would not be such an issue as I have multiple ini files saved (in backup directories) and swap them out when I pop over to a different project.  However, this process can be frustrating when I transfer between models as frequently as several times an hour based upon phone calls.  If I could develop a program to tell MU to find the ini file within the same directory that the model is saved, it would save me a lot of headaches.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brett
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 06:28:20 GMT by Niels Jensen
Good morning.

If you put your. INI file in the same folder as your model MU should use the INI file located there.
I have not tried it myself, but it should work.

\Niels Thule

You must be signed in to post in this forum.