Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:47:04 GMT by Niels Jensen
Hey
In a sewer model I am working on there is some outlets to a smalle stream. The customer would like to have this stream modeled as an open channel. What is the easiest way of doing this. I have both coordinates and the cross-sectional profiles.

Niels Thule
Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:40:04 GMT by Niels Jensen
I've studied it a bit, and have reached the Conclusion that it is "Topography" I need. Does anyone know some guids for this?
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 09:58:43 GMT by Ralf Engels
Hi NIels.thule,

you can model open channels within MIKE URBAN by using the link type "Natural Channel".

Just start defining the stream as nodes and links. You need at least two nodes at the beginning and at the end of the channel and probably more nodes at connection points to the pipe network.

In a second step you define the cross sections in the CRS menu as X-Z-open or X-Z-R-M open (for details see CollectionSystem Users Manual page 64/65). The third step is to create one topography for each link. A topography consists of a number of cross sections, each with a chainage along the link. The best solution is to have at least two cross sections for each topography, one at Chainage 0 and one at the chainage that corresponds to the link length. In between two chainages the cross section will be interpolated.

Add the final topography to your links and connect the stream to the pipe network.

Best Regards
Ralf
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:50:37 GMT by Niels Jensen
I would like to do this by changing tables in Access, does anyone know which tables I have to change.
As I just can see it is ms_CRS, ms_CRSD, ms_Topo and ms_TopoD that will be changed. Are there others?

\Niels
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:52:26 GMT by Ralf Engels
Hi Niels,

the four tables you mentioned contain all relevant data. You may probably also want to add the topography ID in the msm_Link via Access...

Best Regards
Ralf

You must be signed in to post in this forum.