Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:46:23 GMT by MatJepsen
Hello everyone.

I read in an earlier thread on this forum, that MIKE URBAN doesn't really utilize the GPU nor memory during a simulation, compared to the CPU. However, the program doesn't seem to be fully utilizing the CPU either; only around 50-60%. Is there any way of altering the program into doing so, without breaking any conditions in the Terms of Service? And if so, how?

I'm a student working on a relatively large model, and therefore don't have access to any computers more suitable for the job. Thank you in advance.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:06:31 GMT by Brett Laplante Project Engineer
To my knowledge, Mike Urban has been programmed such that when a simulation is running, utilize 100% of a thread.  For multi-core processors, this means that each simulation will use 50% of the cpu (for dual core 2 threads), 25% (for quad core 4 threads), etc.  I have not discovered a way to get it to use more than that, but would really be interested in finding out if it can be done.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:40:45 GMT by Niels Jensen
You can split your simulation into several parts and then run them simultaneously. That way you can use multiple cores for your simulation.
This is easiest with LTS simulations where you can use the MergeERG-tool, to merge the resulting file to a file.

But let us hope that MU will be rewritten so that it can use multiple cores

\Niels Thule

You must be signed in to post in this forum.