Posted Fri, 05 Sep 2014 20:32:25 GMT by Brett Laplante Project Engineer
I'm trying to do some trouble checking on my machine, and am wondering if anyone has had any issues with Mike Urban related to the MOUSE module and the network connectivity?  I initially thought my issues were related to a .mdb that was just corrupted over time, but now I'm not so sure....

Process:
Creating new mbd file, no coordinate system (although I have done this with a coordinate system)
Collection system -> MOUSE only (not SWMM or Asset)
Unit System -> US mgd

I am unable to create any features as Mike Urban is not recognizing that the MOUSE module is active.  I can correct this by initializing the SWMM module (File -> Mode) and then turning it off again, but I shouldn't have to.  From there, the feature creation has no issues.

Another issue I am finding is related to the importing of ESRI shapefiles.  When I import node and link files, Mike Urban is not recognizing the connectivity of the links to the nodes.  Even after I run the Rebuild Network tool, the connection data is not existing.  When I try to manually connect the links to the node, Mike Urban crashes.  If I import just the nodes and run the Project Check tool, I get the following error:
"Error during initialisation with the following error message: The geometric network was not found.  Hint: You must Close all editors/tables and exit edit mode before running the tool, this error could also be caused by access restrictions or similar"

I am running Mike Urban 2014 Service Pack 1.  I have just run the Windows Repair Tool and the issue is still present.  Anyone else experience similar issues or have any suggestions regarding resolving this?
Posted Tue, 09 Sep 2014 13:49:49 GMT by Wolfgang Kampfmann
I had the same problem that MikeUrban did not recognize the MOUSE-Module and some other strange follow-up problems (problems with network-connectivity and running the project-check tool).

I think the reason was  that I had installed a clean ArcGIS 10.1 from ESRI and then added MU afterwards:

After lots of experiments, I deleted the ESRI installation an reinstalled MU using the ArcGIS software delivered by DHI.
To my surprise, this procedure installed also some ArcGIS 9 components as I could see by ESRI/patchfinder.exe.

I am not quite sure whether ESRI-Support will be happy with that mixed installation at my next call there, but at least it has fixed my MikeUrban issues.
Posted Tue, 09 Sep 2014 16:44:33 GMT by Brett Laplante Project Engineer
Well that's interesting.  That explains somethings actually as I have been having some difficulties on the side with ArcGIS 10.1 crashing.  Been working with ESRI to come up with a fix, and one of the error reports I sent in indicated an error that they haven't seen / has been fixed since 9.3.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.