Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:37:14 GMT by Ben Mauck PhD Student
Hi,

Thank you for the help in my last post regarding multiply catchments.

I have a further question regarding a warning I receive while running MIKE SHE. I have set up a simple SZ model but I Keep getting the following warning:

WARNING: Bottom levels of Geological Layer no. 1 adjusted downwards in
      18842 point(s) because the thickness was less than  0.5000000    m

I have investigated a number of possible causes for this error, but have had little success. Do you have any idea what would cause this?

I have attached the PP and WM log files.

Regards
Ben
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:23:58 GMT by Oluf Jessen

Hi,
In your model setup, under Computational layers definition, you specify a  ”Minimum layer thickness”. This parameter specifies the minimum thickness of the computational layers, and if you specify a computational layer with a thickness less than the specified, the model will adjust the layers downwards until the minimum thickness is applied.

Note: If you use the option “- Computational Layers defined by Geological Layers” the model adjust your geological layers (corrections are done on your geology). If you use the option for “Explicit definition of lower levels” the adjustment is done on your calculation layers and the geology is not altered.

I would recommend you to use the option of “explicit definition of lower levels” as any adjustment then will be done on the calculation levels and not the geological levels. Also look into which minimum thickness you need in order to resolve your flow pattern in the area. Using very thin calculation layers could make it more difficult for the solver to find a solution, but it could also in some cases be important to have this fine resolution of your flow patterns.

Best regards
Oluf - DHI

You must be signed in to post in this forum.