Posted Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:18:12 GMT by Christian Gabriel Environmental Consultant
According to the documentation, MikeShe uses "the normal [vector] to the thalweg of the river" to calculated the correction angle for a cross-section. How exactly is that done?

Our cross-sections typically sit between 2 river segments (see attached image). If the cross-section was developed from a DEM (instead of a survey), we assume its direction to be perpendicular to the "average" direction of the upstream and downstream segment (green cross-section perpendicular to dotted line). How would MikeShe calculate the correction angle for that? Base on the normal vector of one of those segments (which one?)?

Thanks, Chris

Posted Tue, 08 Jul 2014 11:39:12 GMT by Oluf Jessen
Hi Chris,

I believe this is a MIKE 11 issue, and you should probably try to post it on the MIKE 11 forum. I don't have the answer to your question, but if you don't get any reply to this very specific questions, you could also try to contact mikebydhi@dhigroup.com as they could forward you to one of the developers who would know the answer to your question.

If you get an answer then please copy the answer into this post. :-)

Best regards
Oluf (DHI)
Posted Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:41:04 GMT by Christian Gabriel Environmental Consultant
yes, I noticed after posting, that though I'm building a MikeShe model, this is really a Mike11 question. Reposted there ..... Thanks, Chris

You must be signed in to post in this forum.