Posted Thu, 15 Jan 2015 07:16:27 GMT by Matt Gibbs Principal Hydrologist
Hi,

I have been trialling MIKE Hydro by importing a branch from a shapefile and auto generating cross sections every 200 metres from a DEM . When I setup some dummy boundary conditions and go to run the model I get the error:
ERROR: At reach ('River',2.076e5) two digipoints equals or are too close to each other.

What do digipoints refer to? More generally, is there somewhere where the error messages are documented?

Thanks,
Posted Mon, 19 Jan 2015 13:29:21 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Matt,

Digipoints are the intermediate points, that you may also call vertices, which define the shape of the branch.

When you edit a branch on the map, all these digipoints appear, and you can move them graphically. So I suppose that the solution to your problem is to move a digipoint close the mentioned chainage, and you'll probably see that you had 2 of them superimposed, which may be troublesome.

If you have two points at the same location, you can simply delete one of them.

Best regards,
Mathieu
Posted Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:13:02 GMT by Matt Gibbs Principal Hydrologist
Thanks, I managed to get around this by generalising the shape file in ArcGIS (on the advanced editing toolbar).

Out of interest, is it the M1D solver that throws this error, or is it a MIKE HYDRO GUI thing? What else is the branch shape file used other than calculating chainage?
Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2017 08:51:45 GMT by Mathieu Hellegouarch
Hi Matt,

The error you got was an engine error. All errors provided in the 'Simulation' window are thrown by the simulation engine.

And you're right, the shape of the branch is primarily used for calculating chainages, and usually only for that. But if you, for example, create a 2D map result file, the shape of the branch will also affect the 2D results, so it sometimes haev orther usages.

Best regards,
Mathieu

You must be signed in to post in this forum.