Posted Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:04:00 GMT by Michael
Hi,

Someone know how to reverse the flow field in MODFLOW for backward transport simulation ?

Thanks

Michael
Posted Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:20:00 GMT by Christopherus Braun
Michael,

you can swith on this option that in the --> Options --> specific options menu. You will find the option on the bottom of this window. If your computer screen has a lower resolution than FEFLOW wants you will not see this button! Then you have change the resolution of your screen.

Zebra
Posted Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:00:00 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Just to clarify: Zebra's answer was related to the corresponding settings for FEFLOW. Unfortunately I do not know whether MODFLOW or one of the MODFLOW user interfaces is capable of doing backward transport simlulation.
Posted Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:03:00 GMT by Christopherus Braun
Sorry,

I did not expect to find a MODFLOW question here (Peter: would you call it a sacrilege?). But talking about the the MODFLOW-Family: path3d is able to compute transport problems on a reversed flow field (but I think this is restricted to steady state flow fields).

Zebra
Posted Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:01:00 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
No, I would never call it a sacrilege! All MODFLOW discussions will lead to FEFLOW in the end anyway  ;)!

In earnest, I'm happy about all interesting modelling discussions here in the forum, be they about FEFLOW, MODFLOW or any other software - or not related to software at all. Thank you, Zebra, for bringing in your MODFLOW experience, too.
Posted Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:18:00 GMT by Christopherus Braun
Peter,

Why not start a discussion about the advantages and disadvanteges of FEFLOW and MODFLOW? I know this discussion is at least so old as groundwater modelling, but maybe it could be helpful for somebody.

Zebra
Posted Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:56:00 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Zebra,

feel free to start such a discussion in the 'General Topics' section. We'll bring in whatever we can say about FEFLOW, but it will require others to add the MODFLOW experience.
I fully agree that this can be helpful for lots of people.

Peter

You must be signed in to post in this forum.