Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:48:57 GMT by Thomas O.
Hi,

I just read the paper ''IFM tool development to streamline data management for large-scale models'' from Chris Gabriel at aquaresource and noticed an IFM module to export particle tracks from FEFLOW to TECPLOT exists.

Will this module eventually be available on wasy website ?

http://www.wasy.de/english/products/feflow/referenzen/module/index.html

If not, is there someone I can contact?

Thanks,

Thomas
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2008 02:03:28 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hey Thomas,

thanks for you interest in our IFM modules.

I hope our paper didn't say, that the TecPlot IFM exports particle tracks?! As much as I wished we could do that, that's unfortunately not possible at the moment, since FeFlow doesn't provide access to the particle track data through API functions :(

Our TecPlot IFM "only" exports the following data:
     - nodal properties:        head, pressure, velocity (Vx, Vy, Vz), saturation, mass
     - elemental properties: conductivity, kZones (an elemental reference distribution)
The data gets written to a PLT file as a FE data set, which can afterwards be imported and visualized in TecPlot. The module provides similar data as Dr. Braun's "Interface to TecPlot" (listed on before-mentioned web page), which ours is actually based on.

I've developed over 50 IFM modules at AquaResource over the last couple of years. Some of them are extremely powerful and automate our work-flow to a large extent, which makes data exchange with FeFlow not only a lot faster, but also a lot less error-prone. We are currently preparing to make some of those IFM modules available to interested FeFlow users, but I can't quite say, when exactly that will be. There is a good chance that we'll announce the launch date in this forum though :D

Hope that helps, Chris.

PS: I attached the mentioned paper ''IFM tool development to streamline data management for large-scale models'' for the curious reader.
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:18:02 GMT by Thomas O.
Thanks for all the information, Chris!

You are contributing a lot to the forum and it is really appreciated.

your IFM work sounds very interesting as all these extra export possibility probably give you a real sharp overview of your input data...

I'll check the forum for launch dates!

Regards,

Thomas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.