Posted Fri, 18 May 2007 10:58:13 GMT by JureAtanackov
Hello all,

I want to import a .grd file from SURFER into FEFLOW, but don't know exactly how to do it. I tried putting it into using these instructions:

http://www.wasy.de/deutsch/produkte/feflow/hilfe/general/file_format.html#grid_file

but FEFLOW shows error message "Corrupt file".

How do I import a .grd file into FEFLOW?

Thank you,
Jure
Posted Fri, 18 May 2007 11:08:48 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Both Surfer and ESRI grid file formats are only supported for export from FEFLOW (in the Halt&View results dialog). FEFLOW does not support grid import. I would recommend to save a point file from surfer and do an interpolation (maybe IDW with only one neighbor in case of a fine grid) in FEFLOW.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2007 11:54:01 GMT by JureAtanackov
Thank you for your informative reply Peter, but unfortunately I'm still in a bit of a dead end here. What I had from the beginning are about 50 xyz data points from 5 seismic reflection profiles of a confined aquifer.I have made two separate 3D models in Rockworks and Surfer using kriging. I've now taken the .grd file from Surfer and exported it in an ASCII xyz .dat file. How do I go from here? What I would like to do is make a 3D mesh of the upper and lower boundary of the aquifer. Thank you for any help.
Best,
Jure
Posted Thu, 24 May 2007 10:57:41 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Go to the dialog in FEFLOW where you want to use the data (for example, '3D slice elevation'). Use 'Assign' - 'Database' and click 'z coordinates'. In the upcoming dialog, select an interpolation method (I'd recommend inverse distance weighting with 1 neighbor in case you have a fine grid with many points). Click 'Import time-constant data', choose the 'dat' file format, choose the columns for X, Y, and Z in the dialog and import the data. Click 'Start' to start the interpolation.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.