Posted Fri, 26 Feb 2021 11:50:28 GMT by Nyidier Maloun i have no company
Hello,

I am doing a research on a monolayered  coastal aquifer (steady state) using the ocean as a boundary.

The model flow has a constant flow (Neumann BC) entering the model =0.13 m/s , and a constant head (Dirichlet BC) along the seaside border =0 m.

The model has 22 wells with their rates but i don't have the radius, will that cause an issue??????

also when i do the simulation it gives me 0 for the hydraulic head for the whole domain and i can't figure out the problem

any help please!!!!!!!?????

Thank you
Posted Sat, 27 Feb 2021 01:51:55 GMT by Igor Pavlovskii Dalhousie University Post-Doctoral Fellow
Have you checked the model's water balance?
The trivial cause for this would be that only Head BC is active.
Note that for fluid flux BC to be active it has to be assigned to all nodes around the face (e.g. it would need at least two adjacent nodes on each slice to be assigned to single vertical element face)

For suggestions less trivial causes you need to provide information on model geometry (top and bottom elevations) and used hydraulic conductivities.
Posted Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:03:28 GMT by Nyidier Maloun i have no company
hello Durchlassigkeitsbeiwert;

Thank you for your replay i have assigned the top elevation but i can't seems to find a way to assign the bottom elevation to my 3D model because thats the only thing missing now and i understood now that the bottom elevation is the issue,

Posted Sat, 27 Feb 2021 17:41:37 GMT by Igor Pavlovskii Dalhousie University Post-Doctoral Fellow
[quote author=Needa link=topic=22139.msg29403#msg29403 date=1614427408]
hello Durchlassigkeitsbeiwert;

Thank you for your replay i have assigned the top elevation but i can't seems to find a way to assign the bottom elevation to my 3D model because thats the only thing missing now and i understood now that the bottom elevation is the issue,
[/quote]
Var A: you can assign elevation individually to nodes on each slice (slice 2 being model bottom in your case)
Var B: you can use 3D layer configuration (Edit => 3D layer configuration) to set slice 2 at a fixed offset from your top surface

Posted Mon, 01 Mar 2021 12:10:08 GMT by Nyidier Maloun i have no company

Thank you very much Durchlassigkeitsbeiwert,

That was helpful i did assign elevation on each slice  and it worked.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.