Posted Fri, 10 Oct 2008 05:50:29 GMT by Thierry
Hi,

I use feflow 5.2, I have trouble with generation of mesh.  I have one superelement and I add some lines (which are rivers) before generating the meshes.  When I start the mesh generation (for example with 4000 elements), Feflow close suddently without any error message.  I  use triangle Delaunay for mesh generation.

Is there a problem between the lines add-in which are close to the border (superelement)?  I have checked I thought  that was due to the fact that the line (rivers) were crossing the superelement, I cut the lines to have only lines inside the superelement.  It seems not enough.  The geometry of the lines don't seem to be complicated.

I appreciate any experience on this problems.

I wish a pleasant  day to everybody looking this message

Thierry
Posted Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:26:15 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
I'm not 100% sure about the reason for your problems. You should avoid, however, line add-ins whose endpoints are extremely close to an edge of the superelement polygon. If you need these conditions, you should place a vertex at the polygon edge and make sure that the end point of the line is exactly in the same location. Add-ins crossing the polygon edges in reasonable angles should not cause problems. Hope this helps.
Posted Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:31:45 GMT by Thierry
Thank you for your answer, it seems that is effectively the problem.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.