Please wait...

Error

Posted Thu, 03 Feb 2011 09:44:57 GMT by Goktug Evin
Hello ,

I m trying to calibrate my model with playing recharge values given to the model with time series  linked to in/outflow.

After several times I ve realized  that  although time series values changes in new simulations (in the time series diagram , data shows what  I  want)  but the model still using initial recharge values, so it does not recoqnise the updated recharge values.I have tried in both standart and old version of V6, still no change.

Any comment?

Goktug EVIN
Posted Thu, 03 Feb 2011 09:59:38 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
When you use time series IDs to create time-varying material properties, e.g., for recharge, the material properties are stored independently of the time series. The latter ones are only used for the setup. Thus whenever modifying the time series, you have to do the interpolation or join operation once again.
Posted Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:31:41 GMT by Goktug Evin
Many Thanks  Peter

I have done again ,still no change, looks like it doesnt like my new numbers.Also I think there must be easy way of changing values in the model.Re-doing all of these work is  annoying.

Goktug
Posted Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:26:19 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Currently, the import of time-varying material data can only be done in the Classic user interface. I agree that is is not very convenient to update the data there. The next version 6.1 will have options to set these kind of data also in the Standard interface, and as for other map imports, the import settings are stored with the model, so that re-importing will be much easier.
Posted Wed, 09 Feb 2011 04:21:44 GMT by Anthony Knapton
I have found that using the Inflow/Outflow equation editor is a quick way to change/calibrate recharge, by using a reference distribution (for the recharge distribution) the timeseries data of rehcharge and a scaling factor in the equation. You can use a piecewiase function to assign recharge to the various recharge zones.

The only issue I have found with this is you might have to constrain the timesteps to prevent the model ignoring some of the recharge timesteps.
Posted Sun, 13 Mar 2011 07:06:55 GMT by Yeliz
I do not think you need to re-import your recharge values. In Version 6 , if you just update your links (if you imported the recharge as a shapefile, dbf or etc.) and reactivate them after selecting the whole model domain, you should be fine. Question: How do you make sure that the model does not use your new set of data?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.