Please wait...

Error

Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2011 04:37:37 GMT by mwtoews
I have a few binary DAC files that were produced by someone else. I would like to do some processing with these files, but I need them in ASCII DAC format. How can I "Save as" ASCII DAC?

I'm most comfortable with the newer FEFLOW 6 interface, but I can fire up the Classic interface, if required.

Thanks!
Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:37:10 GMT by dvb
As described in this page it is possible to save an Ascii dac
http://www.feflow.info/html/help/default.htm?turl=HTMLDocuments%2Fmorehelp%2Fdocumentation.htm

In F6 when you click the record button (red circle), the save dac file dialog appears, which offers you the possibility between binary and ascii file. Just open the dac file with your favorite text editor. I personnaly use Notepad++, it's free and powerful

Cheers !
Posted Fri, 12 Aug 2011 03:11:14 GMT by mwtoews
I know you can save a new simulation into ASCII DAC format, but I don't know how to resave an existing binary DAC into ASCII. For example, open a binary Full Simulation Record (*.dac) file file ... now what? The "record" button is already glowing red. If I click the record button, all options are disabled (see attached image). So it is really unclear how I can save this file as ASCII.
Posted Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:31:01 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Open the dac file in the classic interface, choose 'Reduce/remake dac', do not select any time steps to remove, and save the new file in ASCII mode.
Posted Mon, 15 Aug 2011 01:15:10 GMT by mwtoews
Thanks Peter, this procedure works perfectly.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.