Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2016 14:01:41 GMT by Tana
I am using Feflow 7. and there are several wrong messages shown when running the models which I don't know why that happened.
I am running a 2D modeling of Dam seepage.

1.'No convergence in Picard iteration at time 2.8.. with remaining residual 2.0..e-2 greater than 1.0 e-2.'
This message shown when I using mixed based form of Richard equation, and I tried to use a smaller error tolerance, but it doesn't work

2. 'Time step reduction at t=317... is given up after 12 cycles of rejections.'

3.' Time-series 4: the value of the last point must not differ from the value of the first point for cyclic time series! resetting to non-cyclic mode...
this happened every time when I import the time series. I don't choose a cyclic mode, but I don't know why this message showed.

Please kindly to help me.
Thanks
Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:00:11 GMT by Björn Kaiser
FEFLOW provides a powerful method which supports you to elucidate where the error criteria is spatially violated. This method allows you to identify critical areas with ill-posed model settings.

You can plot the nodal based error norm by means of predefined distributions of the primary variables you are solving for. To activate the distribution, please go to the [b]Data Panel[/b] and [b]Add Predefined Distribution[/b] for the error norm of interest (e.g. [b]$error_norm[/b]):

You must be signed in to post in this forum.