Posted Mon, 23 May 2011 06:29:43 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Hi guys,

When i started simulation, an error message says me: ".....an error with elements 9532....look the supermesh...." and i can't do it again. "Start" button is off like all "simulation toolbar".
How can i restart simulation to watch again the exact error message.

For information in my "log panel" i read: "[b]ERROR:  0: FEM problem locked during running or paused simulation![/b]"

Regards,

Terry
Posted Mon, 23 May 2011 08:14:57 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Ok, it's a bug, i close my model and "simulation toolbar" is "on" even i run the model.
But i have a real problem. My error message is:

"[b]Non positive determinant for element = 9132. Obsviously, an extremly distorbed element geometry as a result of false mesh design and generation (e.g., negative areas). Check mesh for the indicated region![/b]"

But i don't find the indicated region on supermesh view !!??

Regards,

Terry
Posted Mon, 23 May 2011 19:20:11 GMT by dvb
You are likely dewatering or flooding with extreme heads your model. If you run it in phreatic mode instead of free&moveable mode (aren't you ?), I bet you will see some crazy values.

Regarding the "start" button being freeze, you usually have to press the stop button before. Was that function frozen as well ?

Good luck !
Didier
Posted Tue, 24 May 2011 10:52:42 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Thank you Didier,

Indeed i run the model in "Phreatic" mode. But i think that my problem is something else.
Do you know how to find an element. Precisely, I am looking for the 9132 element, but i spend a long time with the "inspector" tool.

Regards,

Terry
Posted Wed, 25 May 2011 08:02:19 GMT by Alexander Renz
A solution for the freezing simulation toolbar has been implemented in an earlier bugfix, can you check if you have the latest patch (current patch is p6 - May 25th 2011)?

A tool for searching a node number is not yet implemented. Workaround: Use the classic FEFLOW and reproduce the error message. Here, a red arrow will point at the corresponding node.
Posted Wed, 25 May 2011 09:34:15 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Thank you for your solution with classic Feflow.
It help me a lot. Quickliest than using a GIS.

Regards
Posted Wed, 25 May 2011 11:50:10 GMT by Terry CORDONNIER engineer
Quicklier, sorry !

You must be signed in to post in this forum.