Posted Wed, 02 Jun 2010 01:39:19 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Anyone seen these FEFLOW error messages:

On starting debug:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\WASY\FEflow\6.0\modules64.ifm,
line 1: Invalid interface name: "REGIO"!

On trying to register IDW_Direct.dll:
C:\FEFLOW_Files\IFM_Projects\IDW_Direct\X64\IDW_Direct.dll: Designed for a different interface (REGIO)!

Where modules.ifm contains:

Module IDW_DIRECT : REGIO
  DisplayName:  "IDW_Direct"
  Revision:      1.0
  RegisterProc:  RegisterModule
  Description:  "Inverse Distance Weighting Interpolation implemented directly as source code"
  SourcePath:    "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\IDW_Direct\\IDW_Direct.cpp"
  ModulePath:    "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\IDW_Direct\\X64\\Debug\\IDW_Direct.dll"
  DebugPath:    "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\IDW_Direct\\X64\\Debug\\IDW_Direct.dll"
  TimeStamp:    1275441062
  CopyrightPath: "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\IDW_Direct\\IDW_Direct.txt"
  HtmlPath:      "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\IDW_Direct\\IDW_Direct.htm"
  RegisteredCallbacks: , \
OnStartRegio
End Module  // IDW_DIRECT

Module DEV01 : SIMULATION
  DisplayName:  "Dev01"
  Revision:      1.0
  RegisterProc:  RegisterModule
  Description:  "Code development test"
  SourcePath:    "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\Dev01\\X64\\Debug\\Dev01.cpp"
  ModulePath:    "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\Dev01\\X64\\Debug\\Dev01.dll"
  DebugPath:    "C:\\FEFLOW_Files\\IFM_Projects\\Dev01\\X64\\Debug\\Dev01.dll"
  TimeStamp:    1275410854
  CopyrightPath: "Dev01.txt"
  HtmlPath:      "Dev01.htm"
  RegisteredCallbacks: , \
OnEditDocument
End Module  // DEV01

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 to compile C++ code ....any help appreciated.
Posted Wed, 02 Jun 2010 05:52:19 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
To me it seems (on a short glance) that you try to register a module for the regionalization IFM interface in FEFLOW. Do you really want to implement a user-specific interpolation method? If not, you should use the "Simulation" interface. I think (but I am not perfectly sure at the moment) that FEFLOW 6.0 no longer supports the regionalization interface.
Posted Wed, 02 Jun 2010 14:58:05 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
[quote author=Peter Schätzl link=topic=808.msg1967#msg1967 date=1275457939]
To me it seems (on a short glance) that you try to register a module for the regionalization IFM interface in FEFLOW. Do you really want to implement a user-specific interpolation method? If not, you should use the "Simulation" interface. I think (but I am not perfectly sure at the moment) that FEFLOW 6.0 no longer support the regionalization interface.
[/quote]
Thank you Peter - I can get the code to work using the SIMULATION interface - Can you confirm that the REGIO interface is no longer an option? It would be good to know for sure. Thanks again.
Malcolm
Posted Thu, 03 Jun 2010 07:21:47 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
The REGIO interface still works with the 'Classic' user interface in FEFLOW 6.0, but not in the 'Standard' (new) user interface. It will no longer be there in the 6.1 version. In the future, user-specific interpolation methods can be implemented directly via COM interfaces, but this will probably not be available before version 6.2. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.