Posted Wed, 27 May 2015 08:50:02 GMT by samsamia22
Hi everyone,
I am building a 3D model of a rectangular area of dimensions 2200m x 2500 m. I have a 0.8m thick wall inside the model that i created using supermesh lines. Every time I try to generate the mesh I get an error message. I am using the gridbuilder option. Does anyone have an idea how to create an appropriate mesh, where I have large elements on the sides and very fine elements in my wall.
PS: I need to have the nodes at the edge of the wall (for modeling purposes).
Thank you
Posted Wed, 27 May 2015 09:55:06 GMT by Björn Kaiser
From the simulation point of view I suggest to choose a smooth gradation between highly refined areas within and around the wall to coarser areas slightly away from the wall. Under certain conditions, the GridBuilder may fail, especially if line features are present. A failure may be attributed on how GridBuilder internally treats lines within the supermesh to generate the FE-mesh. More details on the GridBuilder algorithm is provided in the FEFLOW Help.
Posted Wed, 15 Jul 2015 03:49:55 GMT by Silvarza
I find this to be educational approximately linear in it.

Posted Mon, 20 Jul 2015 23:48:29 GMT by psinton@aquageo.us
You can also define the wall using super mesh (SM) elements instead of lines.  Ahalo of SM elements that grow in width with distance from the wall to facilitate control mesh density.

Pete

You must be signed in to post in this forum.