Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2017 12:54:33 GMT by Fabiana César
When the 3D layered mesh is already constructed, is it possible to create a new selection using a reference topography? In this case, I am trying to prepare a pit geometry, but I have already a constructed and calibrated model in steady-state. Now, I want to calibrate it in transient. I have tryed to create the open pit selection with the “user data”, but when I link the topography shape to my nodal distribution, the option “Data Regionalization Method” doesn’t appear in the “Parameter Association” dialog, and then it is not possible to choose the interpolation method. Is there any other way to create this selection in order to inactivate the pit geometry? Is this happening because I don’t have a supermesh? (this model was created in Leapfrog software, and then imported to feflow, that’s why I don’t have a supermesh).

Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2017 10:18:01 GMT by Björn Kaiser
I think, I did not fully understand your question. However, please find some notes which may help you:

1. If you import a geological model as a 3D Supermesh, FEFLOW by default does not save the 3D Supermesh. This is related to the fact that 3D Supermeshes may significantly increase the size of the fem-file. If you wish to save the 3D Supermesh in the fem-file you need to adjust it in the [b]Problem Class => File I/O Settings => Check Save superlement mesh in FEM file[/b].

2. If you have point input data the parameter Association dialogue must provide you the option to choose a regionalization (interpolation) method. Of course, if you use polygons as input data, FEFLOW does not provide you interpolation methods.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.