Please wait...

Error

Posted Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:10:09 GMT by Julien PERET
Hello,

I would like to know it is possible to set a negative infiltration or surfacic pumings to simulate the irrigation realized from pumps in a shallow Layer ?

In fact, there are irrigations of the cultures by pumping in a shallow aquifer but I don't know the localization of the wells of irrigation.
Neverthless, I know the order of amplitude of the flux in liter/second/hectar and I would like to set an evapotranspiration rate (outflow directly outside the model) on sufaces apllied in the shallow Layer or surfacic pumpings in the shallow Layer.

Thanks a lot,

Aurélie.
Posted Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:07:45 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
The in/outflow on top/bottom parameter in 3D models (source/sink in 2D) can be set as negative. This is the typical solution in case of irrigation when the exact location and pumping rate of the irrigation wells is not known. The water demand is then often taken from plant growth and transpiration calculations, considering the crop type.
Posted Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:19:37 GMT by Julien PERET
Thank you for your reply,

in fact the irrigation wells operate in the Layer 3 (shallow aquifer), so the option in/outflow on top/bottom is not active (it seems only active for the Layer 1).

Is there something particular to do in order to have this option active in the Layer 3 and to simulate the outflow from the Layer 3 ?

Thanks a lot,

Aurélie.
Posted Wed, 15 Jul 2009 06:09:36 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Indeed in/outflow on top/bottom is only active on the top/bottom layer. On layer 3, pumping for irrigation would have to be input as wells.
Another option would be to use a layer with a constant thickness in combination with the source/sink parameter. Source/sink is a source or sink of water per volume, therefore this would only work well if the layer has a constant thickness that can be taken into account.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.