Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:41:55 GMT by Michael
Hy,

Each time I try to generate the mesh for a regional flow simulation model (30-60 km2) :-\, I have the same problem. I'm unable to genrate mesh with ''genrate automatically'' (obviously) and with ''generate areally''.

I tried different settings: with or without refinement, using deiffent nodes number....and nothing. Feflow cannot generate mesh.

I veriefied all nodes connections and there is not gap between superelement, lines and points. Someone can help me ?

Thank, Michael
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:52:28 GMT by Boris Lyssenko
Please check your superelement mesh. In most cases, a failure of the mesh generation process is caused by an erroneous superelement mesh. You can also try to use another mesh generator - if it fails, too, the reason is most likely in the superelement mesh.

Good luck!
Peter
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:51:14 GMT by Michael
Thanks Peter,

A little advice for other user. Mesh generation is frequently interrupted because ''add-ins lines''. If you have an important model with many rivers (50-100) it's difficult to pass all nodes and lines with superelements borders.

If you use MAPINFO, you can genrate points conresponding to lines at each nodes of the line. You can also generate points at a specific distance on the lines. After, you just have to use ''add-ins points'' with the nodes corresponding to river lines.

The result is not perfect but pretty closed to river lines. So it's more simple and it allow's us to save many time.

Michael,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.