Posted Fri, 28 May 2010 12:01:41 GMT by Len Scherenberg
hi everybody,
i am trying to import time constant data for the initial hydraulic head. the data i want to import has been exported from another model run as *.trp file. if i select the file an click start the data is not assigned to the mesh. anybody knows what's the problem? is it linked to the methods of regionalizatoin? actually i don't even need any regionalization since there should be alraedy a value in the *.trp file i want to assign to the single nodes.
thanks in advance
Posted Fri, 28 May 2010 13:01:44 GMT by Alexander Renz
Hi,
The best way to import initial conditions is to use inverse distance weighting with only one neighbour (5.x / Classic Interface) or to use the neighboorhood relationship (in FEFLOW 6.0 Standard Interface).
It is hard to say why you do actually not see any data. Is this a 3D model? Do you import the data slice by slice?
Posted Fri, 28 May 2010 14:24:24 GMT by Len Scherenberg
Hi,
it is a 2D vertical model. The IDW seems to work but i found out the file i am using to import the data is empty. So the actual problem is the export of the initial values into the *.trp file and not the import. Sorry, just found that out now.
Why is the file empty if i set any initial hydraulic head and export it by assign -> database -> hydraulic head -> export time constant data?
Thanks a lot for your help
Posted Wed, 02 Jun 2010 06:15:31 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
This export would only export what you have imported before. To export data for all the nodes, choose 'Special', then click on the 'Hydraulic Head' button and use the export functions in the dark red part of the dialog.
Posted Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:09:19 GMT by Len Scherenberg
ok, thanks a lot. now i got it.
;-)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.