Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:37:52 GMT by cjp
In the 3D layer configurator, is there a way to set multiple layers to have a uniform thickness in an existing 3D model?

Say I have 20 layers in my model, and I want to change the layer thickness so that the first 10 layers each have a thickness of 2 meters.  Is there a way to select the first 10 layers and assign the same thickness to each layer?  Or do I need to manually change the thickness of each layer?
Posted Wed, 06 Jul 2016 22:10:17 GMT by Javier Gonzalez
You might do that by defining a user (nodal) distribution with the target thickness, and then use the expression editor to assign nodal elevations based on an equation that calls the user distribution.

Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2016 16:19:11 GMT by Björn Kaiser
The workflow suggested by Javier is one way of doing that. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Another way is to delete the slices 2-10 and re-insert them. FEFLOW 7.0 provides the option [b]Insert slice(s) between...[/b]. If you use FEFLOW <= 6.2 you have to use an unrealistic large distance between these slices exceeding the layer thickness (e.g. 999999 m). The 3D Layer Configurator will distribute the slice equidistantly.
Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:24:09 GMT by Roberto Chang Guayaquil
Hi,

What if I have Feflow 7.0, how can I do that?

Best regards.
RCh
Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2018 13:10:24 GMT by Björn Kaiser
FEFLOW 7.0 provides the option [b]Insert slice(s) between.... [/b]. Please use this option in the 3D Layer Configurator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.