Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:01:50 GMT by Mark Robertson
The patches are very large and the server is very slow (~60kb/s), so it takes up to 2 hours to download.  Often the download will crash and stop. 
Speed testing my service indicates 18Mb/s download, and I don't have troubles on any other sites, so I am thinking the problem is with the WASY server bandwidth or the overseas connection (I am in Australia).  Do others find the downloads slow?  Why do the patches have to be so big? Not really a patch, more like the full garment!  Are there mirror sites that can be used?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:10:54 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Hi Mark,

The bottleneck is clearly the overseas connection in your case. The server is hosted in a server farm that is directly connected to an internet backbone, so that there should be no relevant limit on the server side. There are currently no mirrors. And you are right - the 'Patches' are indeed full downloads at the moment. There were some technical reasons a couple of years ago that made us switch to this solution (we had small patches before). We will, however, as soon as possible (I don't want to promise anything regarding timing here and now) have a look into it to see whether the problems of back then have been overcome.

It would be good to know if others are facing the same problems.

Best regards,
Peter

You must be signed in to post in this forum.