Posted Fri, 20 May 2011 17:00:54 GMT by b
hello, 
a 3-D model was built to eatimate groundwater seepage rates flowing into a excavation pit through time. in order to make the model converge easily, the residual water depth (RWD) was increased (e.g. from the default value 0.001001 m to 0.1 m). after the simulation was completed, i tried to separate the 'extra' flux that was resulted from the increased RWD (0.1 m), by using budget analysis. i have seen some previous discussion regarding 'how to spearate this extra flux'; however, i do not know how to separate it either in Feflow Classic or Standard. your help is really appreciated!

thanks
Posted Fri, 20 May 2011 18:45:11 GMT by b
forgot to mention that the vertical discretization in the interested area (i.e. drains or pit excavation) is approximately 1 m thick. in another word, the ratio (RWD/Vertical Layer Thickness) = 0.1.

thanks
b
Posted Wed, 25 May 2011 07:41:41 GMT by Alexander Renz
Increasing the residual water depth (RWD) leads to higher effective conductivity values of unsaturated elements. In most cases, this will have an influence on the whole flow pattern, influencing the head distribution, velocity field and finally the boundary fluxes.

To evaluate this influence it is necessary to compare two models with different RWD, e.g. by looking at the delta of the budget results (the difference cannot be derived from the mathematical solution of only one model)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.