Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:11:45 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
Has anyone ever used the -- Interface to TECPLOT -- IFM module?

I've never loaded a module into FEFLOW before and it is a bit mysterious to me...

This module was kindly provided to me by Dr. C. Braun  (http://www.wasy.de/english/products/feflow/referenzen/module/index.html) . The files I received from him were stored in a main folder (TecplotOut) containing two subfolders: Release and Debug. There is a .DLL file in each of the subfolders and the Imakefile, .CPP, .htlm and .txt  files are in the main folder.

I've tried to load either of the .DLL files and obtained the same result. I followed these steps:

1- In the IFM->CONFIGURE menu, under ADD MODULE, I picked one of the .DLL files.
2- Then I went to the manage module part and loaded it...
3- I finally go to RUN-> START SIMULATOR and the module starts to compile the TECPLOT .PLT file before I even run a simulation... when looking at this file, I notice that it isn't complete so I can't read into TECPLOT. Moreover, it is not ''refreshed'' after I actually RUN the model...

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone understands where I made the big mistake? I really have no skills with the IFM modules so even pretty simple explanations might help...

Thanks...

Thomas
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:06:52 GMT by Denim Umeshkumar Anajwala
okay... I just understood the problem... and realised how dumb I was!

after you run the model and the final iteration is reached, you have to hit the EXIT TO MASTER MENU button in order to have your file .PLT file updated-completed and readable in TECPLOT.

sorry about that!!!

thomas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.