Posted Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:22:34 GMT by Anner Paldor Student
Hello,
I am trying to get a simple table with four entries: coordinates and darcy velocity. x,y,vx,vy.
Exporting a .dar file crashes the software for some reason (7.0 version) and the .dac is a complete mess in excel. I've saved it in ASCII format, then successfully imported it to excel with commas, tabs and spaces as delimiters. 
I get half a million rows for a domain with ~85000 nodes and it is impossible to figure out the rows that are the vx vy components corresponding to the rows that are the coordinates. This is aside from the fact that coordinates repeat themselves over 12 columns, which is very hard to sort, and hard to correlate to node numbers listed over 3 columns.

Is there a way to get this information easily?

Many thanks in advance,
Anner.
Posted Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:44:11 GMT by Björn Kaiser
The export of dar-files has been indeed a bug. The bug has been already fixed. You may retrieve the fixed bug by means of the latest Patch 3. Please click on [b]Help[/b] and then on [b]About[/b]. Finally, please [b]Check for Updates[/b].

Alternatively, we provide a plugin which allows you to export the different components of the velocity vector. The plugin is free of charge. Please contact the FEFLOW Support team in case you are interested in the plugin: https://www.mikepoweredbydhi.com/support

You must be signed in to post in this forum.